Greetings again from the sandy home of The Lyme Wars-- Olde Cape Cod.
As I said in the first episode, I will be primarily discussing "the Stephen Buhner Protocol" as presented in his "must read" book, "Healing Lyme: Natural Healing and Prevention of Lyme Borreliosis and It's Coinfections". If you have not already acquired this book, you may get a copy HERE.
FIRST off, let me give you a little more about the scope of the Lyme Wars, which I have decided to call "World War Lyme", or WWL for short.
Buhner, Pages 2 and 3:
"I began my examination of Lyme Disease (Ed: hearafter LD, for brevity's sake) without preconceptions, motivated by a desire (as I still am) to understand the organism, the disease it causes, and a wish to sensibly expand the scope of treatment options.
"Expand the scope of treatment options" he has indeed. And a VERY well-researched presentation is his book. He goes on to say :
"SIX POINTS stand out after a rather long and intense examination of the existing material:
- There is a lot of hysteria about Lyme Disease. Everybody is pretty scared, most are not really sure what to do, INCLUDING the physicians;
- There are a lot more sick people than the statistics indicate;
- Antibiotics are not NEARLY as effective as purported to be;
- Clear, concise, unemotional information is hard to obtain;
- Tests for Lyme Disease are not very reliable;
- Something very strange is going on in the field of Lyme disease and its treatment."
Ok, I could cite many many more commentaries on this UNDER-reporting of Lyme by the medical people (This is what Buhner means when he says- "Something very strange is going on in the field of Lyme disease and its treatment."), but why bother citing them?? You and I KNOW that this is one of the most under-reported diseases in the history of the world. So lets move on to what you REALLY want to know--
HOW DO WE TREAT THIS HEINOUS DISEASE !?!?!?
- Do the medical people have a CLUE as to how to treat this very complex disease other than antibiotics??
- Has your Medical Doctor (MD) EVER suggested a treatment that will help your own body to resist and overcome LD??
- When the antibiotic prescribed for you did NOT work, did your MD say something OTHER THAN- "We'll try a new antibiotic" ?? If he or she DID, would you please share that information with other Lyme sufferers??
Thank you so much… from ALL of us.
So Here is Your Homework--
Please write to me NOW (email@example.com) and SHARE what your MD has suggested for treatment options OTHER THAN another course of antibiotics. I will look at your letters and pass this information on to others who are trying to win WWL.
AND… as soon as I have gathered sufficient information, I WILL be writing to the Mainstream Media and asking them to convey this information to others who suffer.
STAY TUNED for the next episode of "The Lyme Wars" in which I will be sharing feedback, and beginning to tell you about the plants that may help you to "DEFEAT THE SPIROCHETE!".
As always- "Eat well. Be conscious. Recycle/reuse/rebuild. Help one another. Know who your plant friends are-- get to know them. Love health and one another"